‘What’s the name of this band, as it’s not Yammerer’ –
“No this is not Yammerer” replied the stage manager at Liverpool Sound City .
I agreed “its definitely not Yammerer”
“yes that’s what I said”
“So what are they called ?”
And so on went the conversation which began to resemble Edward Lear on acid when I arrived at Sound City last week to catch Yammer’s midday set. However, I was greeted by a band playing hefty blues rock who were definitely not Yammerer. indeed they introduced themselves as ‘Not Yammerer.’ It transpired that Yammerer’s slot had been moved from 9 pm to 12.30pm. They couldn’t make it but instead gave it to their friends instead (without telling anyone) who had travelled up from Cardiff to play some gigs during the weekend. They were actually called Milk. And they didn’t really sound much like Yammerer either.
And so we didn’t get to hear Yammerer or their debut single ‘Poisonous Reptilian Colleagues and Co’ live (and we’ve all worked with a few of them). It’s a fierce slice of unhinged incendiary scuffed up garage rock delivered with passion, wit and menace. It’s out now on Restless Bear Records and its very good indeed .
- Track Of The Day – Broken Down Golf Cart – Full Hotel Weekend
- Track Of The Day – Body Type – Uma
- Track Of The Day – Yammerer – Poisonous Reptilian Colleagues & Co.
- Track Of The Day – Eyesore & The Jinx – Swill
- Track Of The Day – Body Type – Free To Air
- Track Of The Day – The Peach Fuzz – The Outside Looking In
- Track Of The Day – LION – Second Hand
- Track Of The Day – Agent Blå – Child’s Play
- Track Of The Day – Another Sky – ‘The Cracks’
- Track Of The Day – Hatchie – Stay With Me
- Track Of The Day – Ali Horn – Modern Voodoo
- Track Of The Day – Patio – Vile Bodies