‘What’s the name of this band, as it’s not Yammerer’ –
“No this is not Yammerer” replied the stage manager at Liverpool Sound City .
I agreed “its definitely not Yammerer”
“yes that’s what I said”
“So what are they called ?”
And so on went the conversation which began to resemble Edward Lear on acid when I arrived at Sound City last week to catch Yammer’s midday set. However, I was greeted by a band playing hefty blues rock who were definitely not Yammerer. indeed they introduced themselves as ‘Not Yammerer.’ It transpired that Yammerer’s slot had been moved from 9 pm to 12.30pm. They couldn’t make it but instead gave it to their friends instead (without telling anyone) who had travelled up from Cardiff to play some gigs during the weekend. They were actually called Milk. And they didn’t really sound much like Yammerer either.
And so we didn’t get to hear Yammerer or their debut single ‘Poisonous Reptilian Colleagues and Co’ live (and we’ve all worked with a few of them). It’s a fierce slice of unhinged incendiary scuffed up garage rock delivered with passion, wit and menace. It’s out now on Restless Bear Records and its very good indeed .
- Track Of The Day – Black Doldrums – She Devine
- Track Of The Day – Automatic – Too Much Money
- Track Of The Day – Tennis System – Turn
- Track Of The Day – Broken Down Golf Cart – Rip My Head Off
- Track Of The Day – Pumarosa – Fall Apart
- The VPME Podcast – July 2019
- Track Of The Day – The Vegan Leather – French Exit
- Track Of The Day – Sløtface – Telepathetic
- Another Sky – ‘Life Was Coming In Through The Blinds’ EP
- Introducing – Walt Disco
- Track Of The Day – LIFE – Hollow Thing
- Track Of The Day – The Goa Express – The Day